DNA Scavenger Hunt
Fall Exam Review
Pathology and Death
Bone Measurement Lab
Spring Semester Exam
1. What is DNA?
2. What do the letters DNA stand for?
3. Where is DNA found?
4. What are the 3 parts making up DNA nucleotides?
5. What is the sugar found in DNA?
6. What are the 4 Nitrogen Bases in DNA?
7. What are chromosomes and what are they made of?
8. What is a locus?
9. What are genes and what do they do?
10. What are alleles?
11. Who first discovered DNA?
12. Who won the Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine in 1962 and why did they win?
13. What do we call the molecular shape of DNA?
14. How much DNA differs from one person to the next?
15. How are restriction enzymes associated with DNA?
16. Who is Alec Jeffreys and what did he discover in 1984?
17. Summarize the 4 steps in DNA analysis.
18. What is PCR and how does it work?
19. What is STR analysis?
20. Who was the first American convicted in a case with DNA evidence and when?
21. What was the first murder conviction based on DNA profiling evidence?
22. What are 2 advantages of using mitochondrial DNA?
23. How many genes are found in mitochondrial DNA?
24. When was the first time Mitochondrial DNA was used in a US courtroom?
25. What is CODIS?
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.